By Jan Rahn
Plans are underway for the annual Christmas event hosted by Perkins County Chamber in downtown Grant.
This year’s Christmas open house is scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 19, when businesses will remain open throughout the evening, crafters will display their wares, food outlets prepare specialties, shoppers find bargains, and Santa Claus comes to visit with the little people.
The day also kicks off the opportunity for consumers to register for the Holiday Chamber Bucks Giveaway. Each year Chamber picks cash prize winners at the luck of the draw during the month of December.
A total of 15 winners will receive $50 in Chamber Bucks during the three drawings scheduled for the first three Saturdays in December.
Two lucky winners will be selected for $250 in Chamber Bucks the first two weeks, and at the end of the drawings on Dec. 19, one lucky winner will go home with $500.
Retail outlets along Central Avenue will display Christmas gift ideas, offering what’s new for the season at bargain prices.
Bake sales will be set up in bank lobbies or the senior center.
The Meadowlark Gallery will have decorated Christmas trees on display and hand-painted furniture will be available for silent auction.
Crafters will set up their displays in some of the banks or at the senior center, providing clever gift suggestions for the holidays.
In the spirit of Christmas, half of the proceeds from the fee charged to non-Chamber members to set up a table will go to the Magi Store.
A potato bar will be held at the Perkins County Senior Center with a variety of toppings, drinks and dessert.
Restaurants and convenience stores along the street include DJ’s Bar and Grill, Sally’s Cafe, Bench Warmers, Kwik Stop, and In and Out.
Specialty outlets include Heaven Scent Bakery and miscellaneous offerings from a club or church along the street.
Rules for Chamber Bucks Giveaway
• Registration for the drawings begins the evening of the Chamber Open House on Thursday, Nov. 19.
• Customers must make a purchase to receive an entry ticket.
• Customers must be 18 years old to register and there will be allowed only one winner per family per week.
• All tickets will be saved each week so customers will remain eligible through the three drawings.
• Winners do not need to be present to win—however, those present will have their Chamber Bucks doubled.
• Each business is responsible for taking entries to Hatch’s prior to the Saturday drawings.
• Businesses may pick up entry tickets at The Grant Tribune-Sentinel.
Dates of December Drawings
10 a.m. sharp in parking lot at Hatch’s Super Foods
• Dec. 5: Five $50 winners. One $250 winner.
• Dec. 12: Five $50 winners. One $250 winner.
• Dec. 19: Five $50 winners. One $500 winner.