|Top ten reasons to join 4-H in February|
By Kimberly Cook
4-H is more than a club; it is a way of life. 4-H is the largest non-formal youth education organization in the United States, with more than 7 million youth between the ages of 8 and 18 involved each year. Nebraska has more than 30,000 active 4-H members.
4-H programs provide exciting and fulfilling opportunities for youth to use their talents, create unique experiences and explore their interests in a caring and safe environment.
Here are the top 10 reasons to join 4-H in February:
1. February is Nebraska 4-H Month and 4-H enrollments are due March 1.
2. Develop talents and skills that benefit you throughout life.
3. Have lots of fun while learning by doing.
4. Meet new people and make new friends.
5. Develop skills to succeed in the workplace.
6. Improve goal-setting and decision making skills.
7. Experience new opportunities such as 4-H camps, contests, and conferences.
8. Learn about citizenship and how it works.
9. Become a community leader.
10. Practice responsibility.
All this and more is possible in 4-H. Young people from all walks of life take in 4-H through school and community clubs, special interest groups, after-school programs, camps and other activities.
Don’t miss out on celebrating Nebraska 4-H Month. Get enrolled in 4-H today. For more information on how to join 4-H in your county, contact your local UNL Extension Office at Grant 308-352-4340.