Weather Forecast

Click for Grant, Nebraska Forecast

FSA Scoop...Spray noxious weeds or be penalized PDF Print E-mail

The office is continuing to receive “whistle-blower” complaints on noxious weeds growing/blooming/going to seed/etc. on both CRP (Conservation Reserve Acreages) and DCP (Direct and Countercyclical Program) acreages.

If you are enrolled in either of these programs, you must comply with the terms and regulations of the contracts. It is your responsibility to protect the acreages from weeds, including the non-noxious types also, and erosion, including providing sufficient covers for idle base acres. 

Reports of noxious weeds can be expensive to you as penalties will be assessed. Please spray your acreages timely and if necessary stop by the office to get permission to do spot mowing on CRP so your fall spraying application will work more effectively.

General CRP sign-up is occurring and will end on Aug. 27. 

If you haven’t received a post-card from our office with an appointment on expiring contracts, please contact us at 352-4747. 

If you have some new cropland that you would like to have put into grasses/forbs/flowers and other environmental friendly plantings, please contact the office for details. 

Most appointments will result in a return visit, so schedule early.