|Yard winterizing program offered Oct. 26|
As the growing season is coming to an end for 2010, it is time to think about winterizing yards and landscapes. Come join other garden enthusiasts to learn various winterizing tips to help prepare yards and landscapes for the coming cold weather.
David Lott, University of Nebraska-Lincoln extension horticulture educator, will teach this program on Tuesday, Oct. 26 starting at 7 p.m., CT, at the West Central Research and Extension Center, 402 W. State Farm Road, in North Platte.
Some of the areas that will be covered in this program will include:
• Yard and landscape assessment for winterization
• Building winterizing priorities in landscape
• Completing winterizing tasks in order
• General winterizing deadlines for various jobs
• Suggested “job lists” for lawns, gardens, trees, shrubs, gutters and water features
• Tree and shrub pruning timelines.
There is a $10 fee for the program, payable to UNL. Current University of Nebraska-Lincoln Master Gardeners are encouraged to attend free of charge.