Weather Forecast

Click for Grant, Nebraska Forecast

FSA Scoop...Sign up now for CRP and SURE PDF Print E-mail

By Mary Karash

County Executive Director

Farm Service Agency, Grant, NE

General CRP signup is being held through April 15, 2011. This signup will allow contracts that expire September 30, 2011 and new cropland to be offered.
(CRP: Conservation Reserve Program). Please contact the office for an appointment.
Signup for the 2009 SURE Program is underway and will continue through July 29, 2011. Producers who suffered at least a 10 percent loss on a crop of economic significance in crop year 2009 may be eligible for benefits under this program. Call the County Office for details. (SURE: Supplemental Revenue Assistance Payments Program)
The Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 amendments to the Food Security Act of 1985, as amended, authorized $25 million for the transition of expiring CRP land from a retired or retiring owner or operator to a beginning or socially disadvantaged farmer or rancher to return land to production for sustainable grazing or crop production. The Transition Incentive Program (TIP) provides annual rental payments for up to two additional years after the date of the expiration of the CRP contract, provided the transition is not to a family member.
To be eligible for TIP, an owner or operator must be a retired or retiring farmer or rancher on land enrolled in an expiring CRP contract. The retired or retiring owner or operator must agree to sell, or have a contract to sell, or agree to lease long-term (at least five years) the land enrolled in an expiring CRP contract to a beginning or socially disadvantaged farmer or rancher.
TIP enrollment must occur during the final year before the scheduled date of CRP contract expiration or Sept. 30.
For more information about FSA and its programs, visit:
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.