Santa will be at The Barber Pole from 5:30-7 p.m.
By Jan Rahn
Come “Ride Down Memory Lane” Thursday night, Nov. 17, during Chamber’s Christmas open house event in Grant.
Shoppers can get in the spirit early and begin purchasing holiday gifts from retailers and vendors.
Businesses will be open 5-8 p.m. offering specials, refreshments and giveaways. Shoppers can register for the Greenbacks giveaway beginning the first weekend in December.
Items for the county’s upcoming 125th Anniversary celebration will be for sale in the 200 block in front of the dental office, including cookbooks, calendars, and several souvenir items.
Some of the Happenings
• Specials/discounts or store drawings will be held at Deaver Computer, Grant Floral, Poppe’s Posies, Image Total Fitness, Tribune-Sentinel, Grant Pharmacy, Grant Auto Parts, AR Salon, Grant Volunteer Fire Department, The Hair Works, and Country Supply (who will also begin registration for a new gas grill with purchase).
• Food—Hatch’s Super Foods will debut their new rotisserie with samples of chicken. The Grant Family Restaurant will be open, the Perkins County Senior Center will host their annual potato bar, Image Total Fitness will provide healthy holiday samples, Grant Auto Parts will host soups and cookies by Norma Jean and Janet Kuskie, refreshments will be served at Grant Floral, Grant Tribune and Grant Volunteer Fire Department, In & Out will give away cookies and hold coffee drink specials, Poppe’s Posies will provide tastings, and the United Methodist/Mother of Sorrows churches will serve hot cider, hot chocolate and caramel corn.
• Vendors will be in all three banks (Adams, Pinnacle,Valley) as well as Hastings Memorial Library and the senior center offering baked goods, jewelry, crafts, and beauty products. Some of the vendors include South Fork Vineyard, Watkins, Thirty-One, Tupperware, Kriewald Cookie Creations, and Pampered Chef.
A snow boot drive hosted by Perkins County Health Services will be held at Adams Bank.
Adams Bank will do gift wrapping with proceeds going toward a coffee bar at the senior center.
• Santa will be at The Barber Pole from 5:30-7 p.m. Alee Photography will offer prints of little ones on Santa’s lap.
• A toy trade hosted by Regier Equipment will take place at Pinnacle Bank. Bring in a used farm toy and trade up.
• A “burning house” fire safety trailer will be at the Grant Volunteer Fire Department 5-7 p.m. Refreshments, tours of equipment.
• Skating is offered from 6-8 p.m. at Six Aces Roller Rink. Free for skaters bringing two items for the food pantry.
• The Perkins County Museum will feature decorations and decorated trees for an old-fashioned Christmas.
• Meadowlark Gallery will have refreshments, quilts on display, and hold a silent auction of painted chairs.