By Pastor Ronald Vote
Wallace Bible Fellowship
Psalm 69:30 “I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.”
Many have just lost many acres of crop to storms, as I have. Has this affected your attitude? In today’s world, we are experiencing an atmosphere of fear, anxiety, wars, economic woes and troubles on every side.
You could say many people have a bad atmosphere about themselves or a bad attitude. Some are selfish and angry, some are full of pride, some are jealous, some full of hate, and some are of a critical attitude. While in this atmosphere, Satan works freely. God works in an atmosphere of faith, praise and love.
I. What Is Wrong? Perhaps God has been replaced and rejected and rejected.
We are taught secular humanism and evolution instead of creation.
We hear “I’m looking out for #1, or he who dies with the most toys wins, or by saying, after me you come first.”
We don’t need God because we have become our own god. How foolish!
“The fool has said in his own heart, no god” Psalm 53:1a
These attitudes bring strife, heartache and trouble to our lives.
II. The Cure–The Bible tells us what is wrong and how to have this change of attitude
1. John 1:12 - Receiving Christ into our lives, brings peace, harmony and purpose to our lives.
2. Philippians 2:3 “Let nothing be done through strife or vain glory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself” Stop the “BLAME” game!
3. Learn to give credit where credit is due. Speak words of encouragement such as thank you, you did a good job, I like that, or keep up the good work. What one gives out, comes back.
III. God’s Plan for Your Attitude
Faith or unbelief? Can or can’t? Philippians 4:13
The Word of God is medicine for the whole man.
Romans 12:2-3 “And be not conformed to this world, but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind that you may prove what is good and acceptable, and the perfect will of God.”
IV. How can you have faith or the Right Attitude in the midst of the storms?
A. The most important attitude is: (faith with humility) Hebrews 11:6; I Peter 5:6, 7
1. Be a thankful, praising believer of Jesus Christ – prayer activates God.
2. The key is to receive Christ, trusting Him to meet your needs body, soul, and spirit.
B. Base your confidence in Christ and the Word of God - read, study, memorize. (Have a thirst for God) Jesus says in Matthew 24:35, “Heaven and earth shall pass away but my Word shall stand forever.”
Psalm 116:17 tells us that praise and thanksgiving is a spiritual sacrifice which is well pleasing to God. This means, ‘Praise the Lord’ even if you don’t feel like it!
With God ALL things are possible
God wants us to stop trusting in our own abilities and trust Him for wisdom.
God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all we think or ask. Ephesians 3:20
Christ is waiting for you to seek His help! Won’t you call on Him now?