By Jan Rahn
A full day of activities awaits everyone on the Fourth of July. Come share in the merriment of celebrating Grant’s 125th anniversary at the city park.
Schedule of Events
• 6:45 a.m.: Firecracker Fun Run opening ceremony, with run/walk starting at 7 a.m., sponsored by Image Total Fitness.
• 7-9:30 a.m.: 4th of July breakfast in park shelter hosted by Perkins County Schools Foundation.
• 9-10 a.m.: Zumba party by Amanda Wood and Rachelle Fryzek.
• 10-11 a.m.: Barefoot yoga by Kathy Woodmancy and Lauren Klima.
• 10 a.m.-noon: Dumpster painting with silent auction ending at 6:30 p.m., sponsored by Perkins County Area Arts Council.
• 10 a.m.-1 p.m.: Wheelchair races hosted by Perkins County Health Services.
• 10:30 a.m.: Three-on-three basketball led by Plainsmen Coach Shawn Cole.
• 11 a.m.-1 p.m.: Lunch, including burgers, chicken, brats and hot dogs sponsored by Perkins County Animal Shelter and Viaero.
• 11 a.m.-3 p.m.: Dog wash sponsored by Perkins County Animal Shelter and Viaero.
• Noon-5 p.m.: Bounce house sponsored by Chamber. All-day wrist bands $5.
• Noon-5 p.m. Popcorn, cotton candy and beverages hosted by Perkins County Fair demo derby committee.
• Noon-6 p.m.: Car and bike show sponsored by Ride Rite Garage.
• 1-4 p.m.: Car wash by Boy Scouts.
• 1-8 p.m.: Free swimming courtesy of City of Grant.
• 1 p.m.: Horseshoe tournament sponsored by Great Plains Communications.
• 1 p.m.: Dodgeball tournament sponsored by FFA.
• 2:30 p.m. Rib cook-off judging hosted by Tyson McGreer.
• 5-6:30 p.m.: Evening meal sponsored by 125th Committee and Perkins County Foundation.
• 6 p.m.: Cake and ice cream furnished by City of Grant for 125th celebration.
• 6:30 p.m.: Talent Show sponsored by Andi Lee.
• 7:30 p.m.: “Will Rogers” presentation sponsored by Perkins County Area Arts Council.
• 9:30 p.m. Fireworks by Grant Volunteer Fire Department at the fairgrounds on west edge of town.