By Jan Rahn
Chamber businesses are gearing up for their annual Christmas Open House to be held in Grant on Thursday, Nov. 15.
This year’s theme of “Christmas Wishes GRANTed” will be a kickoff to the holiday shopping season and will be sure to put everyone in the spirit early.
Businesses will be open from 5-8 p.m. offering specials, refreshments and giveaways so customers can get a jump on Christmas shopping and enjoy an evening with friends and neighbors from communities in Perkins County.
Each year, Chamber holds Greenbacks drawings the first few Saturdays in December. On the evening of Chamber Christmas Open House, merchants will give customers their first chance to sign up and enter the drawings set for Dec. 1, 8 and 15 as an opportunity to win Greenbacks prior to the holidays.
Some of the Happenings
• Specials/discounts or store drawings, etc. will be held at Deaver Computer, Poppe’s Posies, Image Total Fitness, Tribune-Sentinel, Grant Pharmacy, AR Salon, Grant Volunteer Fire Department, The Hair Works, and Country Supply (who will also begin registration for a new bistro table set with purchase).
• Food—The Perkins County Senior Center will host their annual potato bar; 310 Central American Grill will have a barbecue baby back rib special; Image Total Fitness will provide healthy holiday samples and hold a drawing for a one-month free membership; snacks will be available at the Grant Volunteer Fire Department and The Grant Tribune-Sentinel where shoppers can register for a free subscription and purchase Christmas stationery. In & Out will give away cookies and hold coffee drink specials; Poppe’s Posies will provide wine tasting; and the United Methodist/Mother of Sorrows churches will serve hot drinks and caramel corn. Stop in at Hatch’s Super Foods for a calendar, grocery list, and sample new food products.
• Vendors and refreshments will be in all three banks (Adams, Pinnacle, Valley) as well as Hastings Memorial Library and the senior center to offer a variety of items such as baked goods, jewelry, crafts, jams and jelly, cleaning products, food, candles, cookware, etc.
Some of the vendors include Watkins products, Pampered Chef, Kriewald Cookies, Scentsy, and Tupperware.
Perkins County Health Services will be doing blood pressure checks in the lobby of Adams Bank.
• Santa will arrive at The Barber Pole at 5:30 p.m. and visit with children until 7 p.m. Alee Photography will offer prints of little ones on Santa’s lap.
• GVFD: Refreshments, smoke detector drawings, equipment demonstrations and blood pressure checks will be offered.
• Skating is offered from 6-8 p.m. at Six Aces Roller Rink. Admission is $3 and all proceeds go to the food pantry.
• The Perkins County Museum will be open and decorated for Christmas
• Meadowlark Gallery will have refreshments, quilts on display, and hold a silent auction of painted chairs.
When: Nov. 15
Time: 5:30-7 p.m.
Where: Barber Pole
Little ones can get their photo taken on Santa’s lap by Alee Photography