Chamber has an entire day of activities planned for all ages in Grant City Park.
By Jan Rahn
It’s that time of year—hot—perfect to celebrate our nation’s birthday under the shade of the trees at Grant City Park on the 4th of July in another week!
The annual Chamber-sponsored full-day event is packed with activities for all ages which begins with an early morning fun run/walk and ends with a night sky of color.
Bring the family, bring an appetite and bring the dog to join in the full schedule of events planned for the day.
Here’s What’s Happening
• 6:45 a.m.: Firecracker Fun Run/Walk opening ceremony followed by 7 a.m. run/walk sponsored by Image Total Fitness.
• 7-9:30 a.m.: 4th of July breakfast sponsored by Perkins County Schools Foundation.
• 9 a.m.: Barefoot yoga instructed by Lauren Klima and Kathy Woodmancy.
• 10 a.m.: Water games at Grant swimming pool.
• 10 a.m.-3 p.m.: Photo booth, Alee Photography-Andi Lee.
• 10 a.m.-3 p.m.: Caricature drawings by Alyson Carlson.
• 10 a.m.-3 p.m.: Face painting by Alyson Carlson/local artists.
• 10:30 a.m.: Three-on-Three basketball tournament by Shawn Cole.
• 11 a.m.-1 p.m.: Lunch hosted by Perkins County Animal Shelter featuring burgers/brats.
11 a.m.-3 p.m.: Dog wash by Perkins County Animal Shelter.
• Noon-5 p.m.: Popcorn, cotton candy, drinks hosted by Fair Demo Derby Committee.
• 1-5 p.m.: Free swimming at Grant pool.
• 1 p.m.: Horseshoe tournament by Great Plains Communications.
• 1 p.m.: Dodgeball tournament and slushies hosted by Perkins County FFA.
• 2:30 p.m.: Rib cookoff judging by sponsored by Eric Gengenbach.
• 5-6:30 p.m.: Meal hosted by Perkins County Youth Council featuring sloppy joes.
• 5:30 p.m.: Talent show hosted by Alee Photography-Andi Lee.
• 9:30 p.m.: Fireworks at fairgrounds by Grant Volunteer Fire Department.
Music and announcements are by Matt Chandler-Smith.