Southwest Nebraska Public Health Department’s 10th annual Walk to Health walking program was completed on Aug. 9. The program lasted for 12 weeks and included 388 residents of all ages in the SWNPHD eight-county service area.
“We are pleased to announce our top performers and teams for Walk to Health,” said Myra Stoney, director of Southwest Nebraska Public Health Department (SWNPHD). “This program was created by our staff to encourage residents to become more active and sustain a higher level of activity. We have seen excellent results of 306.25 pounds lost, 112.88 inches lost and 20,275.14 miles were walked through Walk to Health.”
Top individual results include:
• Terri Winder of McCook–most weight lost 20.75 pounds
• Tonya Auders of Perkins County–most inches lost 12.5 inches
• Nicole Muirheid of Danbury–most miles walked: 777.12 miles.
Team results (averaged by the number of people on team) include:
• ADH Photography–most weight lost, 10.4 pounds average
• Whirligig Girls of Perkins County–most inches lost, 7 inches average. They are Rachel Burge, Tonya Auders and Julie Johnson.
• ADH Photography–most miles walked: 532.14 miles average
The great teams that participated were: 711 Steppers, Adams Bank & Trust, ADH Photography, AmFirst Friends and Family, Basement Babes, Bieroc Babes, Brumo, D&D, DCH Triple F, Frontier County, Girls of the Hill, Good-Neigh-Bears, Green Turf LawnCare, Happy Feet, Hauxwell II, Huffman Hearts, Isovue 300, Keystone Kuties, KWW, OES, Perkins County Health Services (five teams), Pink Bandits, Potato Pacers, Quick Stepping Sisters, Rays of Health, Rotary Road Runners, Sara Squared, S’milers 1, S’milers 2, Summer Steppers, SW Walkers, Team Curves AM, Team Curves PM I, Team Curves PM II, Team Curves PM III, Team Lemon, Team Ollie, Team Rouse, The Steppers, Walking Wonderwomen, The “B” Team, VP, Whirligig Girls, WOW Factor,
WOW Wannabees, Wild Women Walking, and You & Me.