Driver’s license examiner to be back on duty Oct. 1
The examiner will be in Grant every other Tuesday at the Perkins County Courthouse.
By Jan Rahn
A driver’s license examiner is again scheduled to come to Perkins County on a regular basis after a five-month hiatus.
According to the Perkins County Treasurer’s Office, the former schedule will resume effective Tuesday, Oct. 1, and the examiner will be on duty every other Tuesday thereafter.
The hours will be from 8 a.m.-noon and 1-4 p.m.
The license examiner office at the courthouse was temporarily closed in April due to the examiner taking a medical leave.
Below are items required when applying for a Nebraska driver’s license:
Proof of Address Required
Those seeking a license will need to provide two forms of proof for their physical address, such as:
• Utility bill or credit card bill issued within the last 90 days.
• Account statement from a bank or other financial institution issued within the last 90 days.
• A blank check.
• Valid Nebraska vehicle registration.
• Valid real estate statement or receipt.
• Nebraska DMV renewal notice.
• Nebraska voter registration card.
• Pay stub or earnings statement issued within the last 90 days with the name and address of the employer.
• Valid life, health, auto or home insurance policy.
• Mortgage, lease or rental agreement. (Lease and rental agreements must include the landlord’s name and contact information.)
Proof of Identity Required
Persons will need to provide one form of proof of identity from the list below:
• Valid driver’s license.
• Certified birth certificate.
• Valid passport or passport card.
Soc. Sec. Number Needed
Proof of Social Security number is required with one of the items below:
• Social Security Card
• W-2 form
• SSA-1099 form
• Pay stub showing applicant’s name and social security number.
Anyone with questions may call the Perkins County Treasurer’s Office at 308-352-4542.
A Department of Motor Vehicle examiner is also available in Ogallala on Thursdays and Fridays.