Proceeds from the June 6-7 Cattlemen’s Ball event will go toward UNMC cancer research,regional health care.
The 2014 Cattlemen’s Ball of Nebraska has set a goal of raising a record $2.5 million for the June 6-7 event at the Hoot Owl Ranch near Harrisburg, which is located in Banner County in the Nebraska Panhandle.
Host families for the 2014 Cattlemen’s Ball will be Kenny and Misty Stauffer along with the ranch owners Jeff and Kathy May.
Jeff Heldt and Monty Stoddard are serving as co-chairs for this year’s ball.
The theme for the event is “Corral a Cure for Cancer.”
The event coordinators are seeking donations, sponsorships and auction items in an effort to help make the $2.5 million goal a reality, he said. He encouraged people to visit http://cattlemensball.com/ for more details on the event and sponsorship opportunities.
Heldt said organizers are in need of 600 volunteers for the event.
Those interested in assisting can sign up on the website or by email at
The Cattlemen’s Ball of Nebraska has been held annually since 1998 at a different ranch each year to increase cancer awareness and raise money for cancer research. The event also promotes beef in a healthy diet and showcases rural Nebraska.
Each year, 90 percent of the proceeds go toward cancer research at the Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center at the University of Nebraska Medical Center with the remaining 10 percent earmarked toward regional medical organizations.
Learn more about the facility at: http://cattlemensball.com/fred-pamela-buffett-cancer-center/
The event is open to the public and will include both silent and live auctions, a style show, golf tournament and art show. Additional events will be a Saturday night dinner followed by a concert featuring Montgomery Gentry. A dance featuring the 5 to Life Band will follow the concert and round out the day’s activities.
Tickets are now on sale at http://cattlemensball.com/ or by calling (308) 235-2289.
A Trail Boss ticket for both days of the event is $350. This includes the Trail Boss social on Friday night, private champagne reception and Trail Boss lunch on Saturday, plus preferred seating for the Saturday evening dinner and Montgomery Gentry concert along with special recognition in the program.
A $75 Top Hand ticket provides admission for all events after 11 a.m. on Saturday. It includes dinner, the Montgomery Gentry concert and the dance.