Memorial Day services announced
By Jan Rahn
Memorial Day ceremonies have been set in communities along the Highline to honor the war dead as Americans give tribute on Monday, May 26.
Services are set at each of the cemeteries from Venango on east to Wallace, including Grant, Madrid and Elsie.
Grant Fairview Cemetery
• Services hosted by American Legion Post 40 are set at 10 a.m. at the cemetery west of Grant.
• Serving as emcee is Zion Lutheran Pastor Ron Krause, also a veteran.
• Rev. Wayne Pick of Trinity Lutheran will deliver the invocation and benediction.
• Speaker for the ceremony is Terry Prante, principal at the Perkins County Elementary School.
Prante was recognized in 2010 by the Wyoming Air National Guard for his service during conflict in the Middle East.
• The Auxiliary will serve coffee and rolls at the legion hall in Grant following the service. Everyone is invited.
• Post 271 will host their annual pancake feed at the legion hall from 6:30-8 a.m. prior to services.
• Services will be held at the Madrid Cemetery at 9 a.m. on Memorial Day.
• Legion Auxiliary Unit 271 will serve coffee and rolls at the legion following services.
• Annual Memorial Day services begin at the Elsie Cemetery east of town at 10 a.m. with Post 206 Commander Glen Stanek serving as emcee.
• The annual service hosted by Americal Legion Post 213 at the cemetery south of Wallace will take place at 10:30 a.m. CDT. Speakers to be announced.
• Music will be provided by LaDonna Swedberg and family.
• A free-will hamburger feed hosted by the American Legion will follow at the legion hall. Everyone invited.
• The program hosted by Venango Post 270 on Memorial Day will begin at 10:30 a.m. The speaker is pending.
Those not wishing to stand should bring a lawn chair.
• A free-will lunch will be held at the legion hall.
Schedule of services
10:30 a.m. at cemetery; bring a lawn chair. Free-will lunch at legion hall.
10 a.m. at cemetery. Coffee/rolls to follow at legion hall.
6:30-8 a.m. pancake feed at the community center. Services at cemetery at 9 a.m. Coffee/rolls to follow at legion hall.
Services at cemetery east of town at 10 a.m.
Services at cemetery 10:30 a.m. CDT. Free-will hamburger feed to follow at legion hall.