Aug. 1 marks final deadline for general election candidates
Aug. 1 marks the deadline for new candidates in the Villages of Elsie, Madrid and Venango to file for office.
Current filings include:
• Elsie Village Board (two open seats)—Doug Curtis, incumbent; Kevin Kugler, Lynn Cook and Charles D. Kramer.
Larry Biesecker did not file for re-election.
• Madrid Village Board (two open seats)—Kristy Ogg, incumbent; Kevin Klahn.
Mark Heil did not file for re-election.
• Venango Village Board (three open seats)—Josh Clark, Troy Grothman, incumbent; Dennis Ekdahl, incumbent; Christina Farnsworth.
Diana Maupin did not file for re-election.
City, County and School
City and county offices that will appear on the Nov. 6 general election ballot include:
• Grant City Mayor-—Lisa Schmitt and Bryce Anderson.
• Grant City Council (two open seats)—Andrea Brueggeman, incumbent; Darrell Pierce, incumbent; Chase Sauder and Edward Dunn.
• County Commissioner District No. 2—Ron Hagan, Republican.
• County Assessor—Peggy Burton, Republican incumbent.
• County Attorney—Richard Roberts, Republican incumbent.
• County Commissioner District No. 3-—Steven Tucker, Republican incumbent.
• County Clerk—Rita Long, Republican incumbent
• County Sheriff—James Brueggeman, Republican incumbent
• County Treasurer—Julie Sestak, Republican incumbent
• Perkins County Schools (three open seats)—Amy Kroeker, incumbent; Ryan Hendricks, incumbent; Adair Reese, Angela Gloy, Chris Fryzek.
State filings include:
• Legislature, District 44—Dan Hughes, Venango, incumbent; Stephanie Malcolm, Palisade
• URNRD Board, Subdistrict 4—Jason Kunkel, Lamar, incumbent
• URNRD Board, Subdistrict 8—none
• URNRD Board, Subdistrict 10—Jay L. Lee, Madrid
• URNRD Board, At Large—Brock Stromberger, Champion; Duane Dinnel, Wauneta.
• NPPD Board, Subdistrict 5—Thomas Hoff, Broken Bow, incumbent; Charlie Kennedy
• MPCC Board, District 2—Pam Abbott, Ogallala.
• ESU No. 16 Board, District 9 —Jamie Picquet, Grant
Norma Mayer did not file for re-election.
• ESU No. 16 Board District 11—none
Dayton Reichman did not file for re-election.
Newcomers have until the Aug. 1 deadline to file for the NPPD and ESU boards.
Voters wishing to cast a ballot by mail can now submit their request to County Election Official Rita Long. Early voting ballots will be mailed to registrants who have made a request starting on Monday, Oct. 1.